Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Brian's letter dated March 6, 2011

We got a letter from Brian today letting us know that he doesn't think he likes being 20! He figures he will have to act more like a grown up since he isn't a teenager anymore (then he says haha I'm just kidding but turning 20 definitely feels weird to say I'm 20).  Wait until his little one is turning 20 like his Mother is dealing with! lol He survived the mid cycle personal fitness test which entailed pull ups, sit ups and a 3 mile run.  He said he needs to improve but was pretty proud of himself for running 3 miles in 24:45 minutes when he hates to run but he will be working on improving that. lol  And he couldn't remember if he had told me or not but he is up to 175lbs!  That was a big surprise he was at his highest weight ever before he left and that was only 154lbs!  His recruiter told us before he left that you will probably see a big difference one way or the other with his weight.  Either he will loose a lot of weight while he is in boot camp or he will bulk up.  Well I figured as thin as that kid was he would loose weight not gain it so I can't wait to see what he looks like!  This week he will be shooting all week and then Saturday he will be hiking 9 miles fully geared.  He is counting down the days to the crucible which as of 3/6/11 was 4 weeks and 4 days and only 5 weeks 4 days until Family day!  We are all doing the same count down here. Brian asked me to put this on the blog -

I appreciate all the letters and cards just gonna take me a while to respond to them.  I love you all and can't wait to see you!

3 comments:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 said...

Maybe the Marine will want to run a few 5K's with the Holbrooks this summer...and if he needs some extra weight to simmulate his gear Evan could ride on his back. Way to go Brian! Keep up the good work. You will be there before you know it!
tam

Elaine Holbrook said...

Hope the time is going by as fast for you as it is for us! We'll be down there before you know it & bringing food!!!!! Proud of you Brian!!! Can hardly wait to see you at 175 lbs. Your loving Mom-mom!

Elaine Holbrook said...

I bought a red Marine shirt yesterday so I can wear it on Red Friday's (to support the military).
Actually I bought it because of you Brian & I will wear it proudly. I found a card I think you will like (You will get a chuckle when you read it) and I put it in the mail today! Finished reading "the Crucible" so I will know how to pray for you while you are going through it. Love ya, Mom-Mom