Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update on Brian

Well we finally heard from Brian today.  He has been very busy getting ready for the Company Commander Inspection and they didn't have free time for almost a week.  Brian had told Lachelle in her last letter about his score at the rifle range which was the 215 out of 250.  He did not elaborate any more then that so he did explain what that meant in our letter today.  He qualified as a sharpshooter he was only 5 points away from expert so he was quite proud of himself.  I'm not sure who is prouder him or his father!  lol  They had to get ready for the Combat Fitness Test which consists of a 800 yard sprint, 30 lbs of ammo can lifts and an obstacle course.  He said it is very brutal and that we should look it up online.  This  is the course I have seen that they have to carry someone in this obstacle course.  He ran the 800 yards in 3mins 18 seconds, did 102 ammo lifts and the course in 2:29, overall he did better than anyone in his platoon!  He is counting down to the Crucible (only 2 weeks) and Family Day (3 weeks) he is hoping it goes by very fast.  But then he told me he has his flight booked for April 25th so of course that made the tears start rolling down my face already!  LOL  And this is Lachelle's birthday.  But I will deal with this when it gets here!

And we got the packet about his graduation so we are all looking forward to that!

5 comments:

Elaine Holbrook said...

OMG you are going to make a great Marine with all these high scores you're getting! Proud of you! I can hardly wait for graduation so I can hug on you and tell you just how great I think you are. Continue to pray for you daily for wisdom, ability & God's Will in your life!!!! Love you, Mom-Mom

pop pop said...

Well ok, I have been stressing praying,holding my breath,and just thinking of all this kid is going through;(this is my nbr 1 grandson). So when I read something like this it doesnt surprise me one bit,it really doesnt;(did I tell you he is my nbr 1 grandson?) Brian has the ability to do this,and he still has a tough streach to get through.So I will pray stress hold my breath until he does it.I AM SO PROUD OF HIM GO BRIAN

kate said...

awesome!

Aunt Vickie said...

Go, Brian! Looking forward to the roadtrip and seeing you graduate!

Serife said...

Way to go Brian!! That is awesome!